- 1 x 3 kilo rolled pork loin, scored
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- ½ red cabbage, sliced
- ½ white cabbage, sliced
- 15g sea salt
- 2 Bramley apples, grated
- 25ml white wine vinegar
- 15g caster sugar
- 1 shallot, peeled and sliced
- Pan juices
- 250ml pouch, fresh veal jus
- Pre heat the oven to 250°C
- Place the pork into a large roasting tray, sprinkle over the salt and place into the oven. After 30 minutes turn the oven down to 150°C and cook for a further 3 hours.
- Remove from the pan and allow to rest on a plate, reserving any pan juices for the sauce.
- To make the soused cabbage: place the cabbages into a large bowl making sure not to mix them as the colours will bleed. Cover in salt and leave for 15 minutes.
- Rinse in cold water and drain.
- Place the cabbage into a large pan with the apples, vinegar, sugar and shallot. Bring to the boil, cook for 3 minutes and then season.
- To make the sauce bring the jus to the boil along with the reserved pan juices and then reduce by half.
- To serve: slice the pork, pop onto a plate with a spoonful of cabbage and drizzle over the sauce.
Recipe listed on James Martin Chef