A great side dish for four to six, which will work a treat accompanying roast meat.
1. Peel the skin off the kohlrabies, making sure to remove all the fibrous parts. Halve them, slice as thinly as possible and place in a large bowl.
2. Slice the radish thinly too, leaving the skin on.
3. Peel the carrots and cut each one into a different shape — rounds, sticks, long slices. You can even use a peeler to create long ribbons — anything goes.
4. Mix the vegetables together in the bowl. You should end up with about 800g of peeled and prepared roots. Sprinkle on some salt and mix well. Set aside for 20 minutes.
5. Mix again and drain off any liquid that may have formed in the bottom of the bowl, add the vinegar and rest for another 20 minutes.
6. Add the olive oil just before serving.
Recipe listed on the Financial Times